Saturday, August 21, 2010

Christmas Lake Esker

All in a days' work...

Had the opportunity to explore some more inland today after spending the majority of the summer on the coast. Hiked to Christmas Lake esker today and as much as I love the ruggedness of the bluff, heading inland also has it's appeal. Today we saw 3 caribou, an intricate fox den, at least 10 different types of mushrooms and a multitude of raspberries, blueberries and black currants. I feel very appreciative that after a few summers in Churchill I still see new things.

My fellow hikers took some great pictures and I will hopefully post a few group ones soon, but for now here are a few of the general scenery.

A bowl-like mushroom.

Lundy's cabin...what a front yard! Not used (as far as I know) anymore and because it is now located in the Wildlife Management Area it cannot be sold out of th family (though I imagine there would be offers).

The esker, there is a road along the top that you can take all the way out to Gordon Point.

No comments:

Post a Comment